Just a reminder
The Forty Days before Easter are the Lenten season. During this time we omit the refrains that are
connected to celebrating Christ’s resurrection and we use the verses appropriate for Lent. They are:
• We refrain from singing Allelulia’s because of its connection to Easter.
• There is no Absolution (minister declaring our forgiveness, page 118) for all of Lent is a time of self-examination.
• Omit the Hymn of Praise: “Glory to God in the highest” and we instead lead straight into The Prayer of the Day.
• We sing the Lenten verse: “Let your steadfast Love” page 125.
• We use the Apostles’ Creed.
On Easter Sunday, April 1, we will return to the verses praising our Lord and His resurrection.