HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
MISSION ENDOWMENT FUND
After receiving a major bequest from a deceased congregation member, the HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH MISSION ENDOWMENT FUND was established in 1998.
Its purpose is to distribute only the earnings & capital gains for:
- Outreach to local organizations
- Institutions of the ELCA South Carolina Synod including scholarships
- Grants to local, national, and international disaster relief, and others…
The fund can receive bequests, charitable gifts, transfer of property (cash, stocks, bonds, and real estate), which are used to increase its principal.
The fund is administered by the Endowment Committee, consisting of the pastor, the president, the treasurer, and four congregation members (appointed by church council to two year terms).
Since its inception in 1998 the fund has a current principal (5/1/2014) of $138,119, and has disbursed over
$124,100 to such worthwhile causes and institutions as:
- Anderson Inter-Faith Ministries
- Anderson Free Clinic
- Anderson Soup Kitchen
- Good Neighbor Cupboard
- Haven of Rest
- Salvation Army
- Cange-Haiti and Haiti-earthquake Relief
- Hurricane Katrina Relief
- Newberry College
- Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary
- Habitat for Humanity
- Camp Lions Den
- Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary – student debt reduction
- Reach the Children of Rwanda International
- Family Promise of Anderson
Perhaps this brief summary will encourage you to prayerfully direct some of your charitable giving and bequests to the fund.