The congregation overwhelmingly approved the proposal by the Fellowship Hall Update Committee to implement several improvements to upgrade the meeting room/dining area and the entry hall. The approval action also includes borrowing funds necessary to complete the project if private donations fall short of the amount needed. These actions were endorsed by Church Council prior to the vote by the congregation on October 22.
During the six months leading to the vote by the congregation, nearly $27,345 has been donated by members to help fund the project and an additional $6,800 in pledges for specific upgrades have been received. Donations and pledges now total $34,145, just $11,725 short of the amount needed to fully fund the project. Members and friends who would like to donate to this project should make checks payable to Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and include “Fellowship Hall Upgrades” on the memo line of the check. The response to this project has been truly amazing and the generosity of those who have made donations and pledges is greatly appreciated. The approved upgrades include:
- Install luxury vinyl plank flooring in the entry hall and in the meeting room/dining area.
- Purchase 125 stackable chairs with padded seats.
- Install 24-inch by 24-inch acoustical tile drop ceiling in the entry hall, men’s and women’s restrooms and in the meeting room/dining area. Install recessed lighting in these areas. Enclose the heating air ducts in the meeting room/dining area with drywall. Paint the enclosed ducts.
- Install drywall over the existing concrete block walls and over paneling on each side of the stage. Install new wooden trim around windows and doors and install new wooden baseboard in entry hall and in meeting room/dining area. Paint walls and trim in the entry hall and meeting room/dining area.
- Purchase flannel-backed vinyl table covers.
- Install new stage curtain and hardware.
- Install plantation shutters in 11 windows.
The Property Committee will now begin the process of scheduling the work, working around conflicts during the Advent and Lenten seasons. Updates will be provided as schedules are developed. This is an exciting time for Holy Trinity as we work to keep our church a special place and welcome all visitors to an updated Fellowship Hall.