Fellowship Hall Update
After eight months of meetings, listening to the needs of the congregation, exploring options and cost estimates, we are nearing a formal proposal.
To summarize what we have done:
- Informal meetings were held for the congregation on February 20 and March 9 to discuss improvements to Fellowship Hall.
- From these meetings, Church Council appointed the following members to serve as a Fellowship Hall Committee to help development a plan: Tom Weeks, Ernie Thoms, Bob Straup, Paul Wagner, Jill Helgeson, Vicki Lybrand, Sandi Jordan, Ann Caldwell, and Tony and Christa Mollgaard.
- On April 23 and on May 7, informational meetings were held to give the congregational members the opportunity to discuss possible updates to Fellowship Hall and to obtain feedback and suggestions.
- After numerous meetings, talking with various contractors, exploring options and gathering cost estimates, the Committee gave a presentation and proposal to the Church Council at its monthly meeting in August.
- Church Council has decided to give members two opportunities to hear and ask questions about the committee’s proposal.
- On Sunday, September 24 (during the Sunday School hour), beginning at 9:50 a.m. in Fellowship Hall, the committee will share its proposal with the congregation and allow members the opportunity to raise questions and offer comments.
- Then on Sunday, October 15, at 10:00 a.m. in Fellowship Hall, committee members will be on hand to give members a final opportunity to ask questions and offer comments. (Please note: there will be no presentation on this day.)
- Then on Sunday, October 22, beginning at 9:50 a.m. in Fellowship Hall, there will be a congregational meeting to vote on whether to move forward with the proposal and to approve funding for this project. (Please note: as per our HTLC Constitution and Bylaws, voting by proxy or by absentee ballot is not permitted.)