Holy Trinity Lutheran Church was organized on February 23, 1936. When the charter membership closed on Easter-1936, there were thirty members. This little band of Lutherans, greatly encouraged and assisted by the Mission Board and other friends was determined that the Lutheran Church in Anderson was to be a permanent thing.
In the early part of the summer of 1937, bids were received for the erection of the church building. This first worship unit was completed in the fall and is still being used as the worship area for the congregation. About one year later, construction began on the parsonage adjacent to the Church building. This residence was used until 1969 when a new pastor’s residence was purchased at 406 Long Forest Circle (Stonewall Woods). Construction of the first facility for Christian Education began in July, 1945. This building, immediately to the rear of the worship area and connected to it, was dedicated on February 24, 1946. In 1958, construction began on the Parish Building facing Oakland Avenue. It was dedicated on February 10, 1959.
Work began in the fall of 1981 on the renovation of the old parsonage to convert it into an administrative, conference, and meeting room area. At the same time, a general renovation of the original parish house was done. Also, the interior of the worship area was repainted and new red carpet installed. A service of rededication for the newly refurbished areas was held at the 11 o’clock service on August 29, 1982.
The following pastors have served Holy Trinity: the Rev. Alton C. Clark, D.D. (1936-1958); the Rev. J. Donald Elam (1958-1961); the Rev. J. Milton Frick (1962-1967); the Rev. Paul O. Slice (1967-1996 ); Interim Pastor Alton Clark (1996-1997) Rev. Dr. Paul R. Cooper (1997 to 2008), Interim Pastor Marion Clark (2008-2009), and Rev. J. Chris Fischer (2009 to present)
Holy Trinity was organized as a congregation of the United Lutheran Church in America. As a result of a merger in 1962, Holy Trinity became a congregation of the Lutheran Church in America. Its present parent national body is the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America which came into existence as a result of another merger on January 1, 1988.The ELCA is the largest Lutheran Church body and the fourth largest Protestant denomination in the United States.
This congregation has faithfully supported over the years the wider ministry of the church through the South Carolina Synod and its parent national bodies.